GEDA Digital (An African Social Innovators Bootcamp)
Donors for Africa Foundation in partnership with Meta, launches the 4th cohort of “GEDA Digital (An African Social Innovators Bootcamp) designed to strengthen the capacity of third sector leaders in Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Ghana which is targeted at startup founders between the ages of 22 to 50 years working on any of the 17 SDGs.
Innovators must be passionate about becoming transformational leaders, building sustainable enterprises and leading truly impactful organizations.
About the Program
GE` DA’ digital is a 6 months intensive professional leadership development program that offers you a unique opportunity to learn how to transform your community by acquiring new skills, increase brand visibility and access funds. It provides solutions to Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) by increasing the human capacity of leaders who desire to understand how to play in the development sector and want to deep dive into how to build a thriving sustainable social impact organization.
Participants are selected from diverse sectors in development from different countries in West Africa and encouraged to lead change boldly.
Last year, over 732 applications were received and this year we desire to receive more.
Will you join us?
In this program, we are committed to empowering participants through an immersive learning experience, fostering more collaborations and co-creation while learning from sector experts, peers, and leading development organizations.
After the 12weeks of training, leading participants will be assigned to mentors and will be better positioned to pitch and get funded.
What We Look For
- Passion for the Intersection of your solution with any of the 17 SDGs: Your solution must be addressing any of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Capacity to Bridge Differences: Candidates should demonstrate interest and ability to build connections between individuals with differing cultural, socio-economic, and professional backgrounds.
- Orientation Towards Results: Candidates should describe their track record and abilities to produce tangible, successful, and positive results.
How to Apply
Confirm you are eligible for the GE` DA’ digital Fellowship by reviewing the eligibility criteria below.
Complete the online application form by the deadline of July 14th, 2022 at 5pm EST. All application materials must be in English. Await notification for the next steps by mid-July. Selected applicants will advance to the interview stage of the selection process.
To be considered for this fellowship, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be the founder or hold an executive position within a registered organization
- Be available to commit to attending all sessions
- Applicants must be 22 – 50 years.
- Ability to attend the launch and graduation event
- Applicant and social enterprise organizations are interested and ready to scale the organization
- Must have a laptop and access to the internet
- Must be creating positive, direct, and intended impact aligned to one or more of the SDG’s or AU Agenda 2063
- Applications are open to applicants from these West African countries: Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and The Gambia.
- All applicants will be notified of their selection status by July 2022
Course modules will include but not limited to;
- Professional Development Training
- Social Innovation Techniques
- Resource Mobilization
- Starting & Scaling
- Digital Competencies
- A systems approach to solving problems
- Impact Assessment / Monitoring & Evaluation
- Resilience & Leadership
- Talent Management
- Hybrid Meetings
- Virtual Mentoring Engagements
- Group Peer-Peer Sessions
- Professional Networking Interactions
- Alumni Engagements and access to exclusive opportunities
- Capacity Building Workshops
- Networking Opportunities
- Personal Support from a dedicated in-country manager
- Post-fellowship support
- Recognized professional certification in Social Enterprise Management
- Funding Opportunity
- Exclusive Invitation to topical growth webinars
- Remain a valued member of the network for future events and ongoing activities
- Build professional credibility with this one of a kind, immersive experience
- Life Skilling – getting comfortable with being uncomfortable
- A global family for life!
- Group Workshops
- Expert Sessions
- Cash Prizes
- Media Exposure
- Project/ Funding Referrals
- Growth Network for Life
- Applications are officially opened
- Deadline – July 14th, 2022
- GE’DA’ digital Start Date – August 2022
- GE’DA’ digital Mentorship
- GE’DA’ digital Pitch Competition (4.0)
- GE’DA’ digital End Date – December 2022
All important questions and inquiries not responded to under the Frequently Asked Questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not respond to pleas or inquiries already treated in the FAQ
Important Information. Please note that this program is merit-driven, if you are selected and do not follow through with all program requirements, you may not receive your certificate from our local and international partners.
Together Build. Our vision is to leverage global partnerships and collaborations to solve Africa’s problem. So we rely on the collective effort of many in designing solutions. No more should we work alone.
The fellowship is for social impact organizations, social enterprises, business owners who desire to understand how to play in the development sector, and professionals (22 – 50 years old) from across Africa who want to deep dive and understand the rubrics of building a sustainable social impact organization.
Participants are selected from diverse sectors in development from a broad range of organizations across Africa addressing any global issue. It is committed to empowering participants through an immersive learning experience to build for long-term impact.
It is designed to foster more collaborations, co-creation, and solutions while learning from sector experts, peers, and leading development organizations.
Applications are open to applicants from these West African countries: Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and The Gambia.
Participants undergo intensive training from well-experienced expertise for twelve weeks. During this period, they are well nurtured and hand guided. No other program pays attention to the unique needs of your organization.
Yes, you can. You can apply to the Fellowship as many times as you want, if you still meet the basic eligibility requirements.
The boot camp fellowship is a robust program that connects you, creates a platform of opportunities, and equipped you with the right skill to make sustainable impacts in the society.
Yes, participants who complete the twelve weeks (phase one) and other key program aspects will automatically be entitled to compete for the pitch competition to get funded.
No. You will not be allowed to revise your application after submitting it. Ensure that you review your information carefully as required before submitting the form.
Applicants must be 21 – 55 years. Younger applicants are welcome if they have a strong application
Fellows must have a proficient understanding of English to participate in the Fellowship. Fellows receive trainings conducted in English. Therefore, proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English is essential to the successful completion of the program.
Successful applicants use real stories, and examples to describe their success. When answering application questions, be specific, and provide details! It is also important to clearly state the impact of your work, as well as your plans for after the Fellowship.
To be selected, you must either be a founder of an organization or hold an executive position within an organization.
Now you wait! A notification email will be sent to successful applicants.